The Business Permit and Licensing Office is a full pledged department pursuant to City Ordinance No. 2011-478 which defines its organizational structure, duties, functions and
responsibilities, to wit:
- Devises plan to stimulate business growth in the City ensuring that all trade and undertakings are registered /renewed in the City
- Develops strategies and innovation that will result in the speedy registration/renewals of business permit
- Regulates all business activity to comply with existing national and laws and city ordinances relative to their trade undertaking
- Maximize collection of business taxes thru proper and accurate assessment of taxes and fees
- Recommend to the Sangguniang Panlungsod/City Mayor policies and/or procedures that will increase revenues to support departments initiatives
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance
THE OFFICE’S FOUR DIVISIONS:
Administrative Division’s main role is to do all the facets of administrative services of the department. They are responsible in personnel related services and assistance and the support group of the department. All materials and logistics needs of the department are their concern and responsibility. They are also responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of the office and its surroundings to create a conducive working environment. Customer/taxpayer’s welfare and assistance is one of their function. They make sure that all comments or complaints were recognized and considered and appropriate actions will be done.
Business Permit Division
Business Permit Division’s main function is the preparation of Mayor’s/Business Permit to all kinds of business, trade undertaking and activity within the City of Antipolo. It is responsible in processing of business applications both new and renewal. Included in their responsibilities is to plan, develop, improve, implement, and evaluate policies and procedures governing application and renewal of business permit.
Inspection and Enforcement Division
Inspection and Enforcement Division’s main function is to undertake inspection of all business, trade undertakings and activity within the City of Antipolo. The division is in charge in making sure that all enterprise will be inspected to check whether they have registered their business, trade undertaking and activity or renewed their permit. The division also sharedly monitors compliance to local ordinances of the business establishments in relation to their undertaking. They also plan and formulate policies concerning inspection and enforcement works to achieve its goals and objectives.
Records and Information Systems Management Division
Records and Information Systems Management Division is the department’s branch responsible for handling all records and documents, and maintaining and safeguarding its systems. The communication and information requirement of the department is also a function of the division. The two sections composing the divisions are the records and statistics section and info and systems management section.